Tuesday 8 January 2013

Blogging

I wrote this one exactly one year back. The emotion is still the same and hence I am re-posting this. Enjoy:

One of the greatest mysteries in the world of blogging, an unanswered questions, something not thought of so much. Probably because we take it for granted. Or because nobody actually cares for it. Besides spending some quality time, not many really wonder what is the purpose after all. Let me phrase it more appropriately. What is blogging?

Earlier when I did not have any readers (not that I have many now), I thought it was equivalent to diary writing. As a matter of fact, my blog was so unpopular that it was more secretive than my real diary, hiding which was an ordeal. So, when I felt bored, or when I felt the urge to express, I posted on my blog. That is the purpose I believe then. To express yourself. You have a wide variety of blogs. And every author writes about what he/she is passionate about. Eloquently, writing your heart out... that is what blogging is all about.

On that note arise two points. What is the point of spending all your energy, if you don't have any readers? Doesn't the absence of readers destroy the entire purpose of writing? Or does it? Something that can be dealt with, with an elaborate explanation. I personally write because I enjoy it. And shouldn't that be the ideal object behind doing any job. Isn't that what drives any person at all to achieve something off-beat. To explore and experiment. Is it not the fun, the adventure that fuels us. But does that make the result insignificant? Speaking quite frankly, this blog has 10 followers and I hope two of them will read this post. Which means that all the thoughts, the ideas, the hopes, dreams, emotions or whatever it is that beats in this message.. just stays there. Ideas that don't flow are like a lost ghost. Singing around, wearing a white saree, under the full moonlight, with long plaited black hair and scary fangs. Wandering crazily. Seeking salvation. Isn't that what matters? Don't these ideas deserve to flow. True that many blogs do get readership, but how many. What is the magnitude of work that gets wasted. Would Harry Potter be this famous if J.K. Rowling had posted her story in a blog. People would turn off their computers because of the sheer size of the story. Even the response to Big B's blog is dull in comparison to the comments on FB or twitter. As a proportion of his actual fanfaronade, the number of comments is nothing short of a classic joke! The most saddening part is the quality of work the flows in this network. Marvelous! Stunning! Anyone would fall short of words.

The second point is the responsibility of each writer. What is the role of a blog as a part of electronic media? Is it just a platform of stressed writers to relax. Or is it something that has the potential to spark off a revolution similar to the one in Egypt? Writing over here, am I not dealing with a Nuclear Weapon? Or even worse! We all know the role of media in our social structure. Media is definitely more destructive, and even more constructive, than any other work of science. In my finger tips I hold the key to a great revolution. Am I using it responsibly? Am I utilizing the potential a blog offers? And am I utilizing it properly? A blog can be of a very personal nature. Or it can advocate against the most controversial political issue. Either one has to be dealt with wisely. And personally, I am a huge fan of those really personal notes that form a part your blog. They come from the heart.

I am addicted to social networking sites, but I have started to begin the accountability and credibility of such websites. They are immature. They are not elaborate. I strongly suggest politicians stay out of twitter. Their work cannot be dealt with 140 characters. Be expressive. Raise your opinion. You are a citizen of a free country! Your forefathers were not!

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment